Development of the "SINEMA STARTUP" application for an ecosystem of startup idea creators using the SDLC and Lean Startup methods


  • Sularso Budilaksono Engineering Faculty, the University of Persada Indonesia YAI, Indonesia
  • Febrianty Accounting Faculty, Institute of Technology and Business PalComTech, Indonesia
  • Fahrul Nurzaman Engineering Faculty, the University of Persada Indonesia YAI, Indonesia
  • Ahmad Rosadi Engineering Faculty, the University of Persada Indonesia YAI, Indonesia
  • Suwarno Engineering Faculty, the University of Persada Indonesia YAI, Indonesia
  • Woro Harkandi Kencana Communication Faculty, the University of Persada Indonesia YAI, Indonesia
  • I Gede Agus Suwartane Engineering Faculty, the University of Persada Indonesia YAI, Indonesia




startup, seedling, incubation, deployment, spreading, mix and match, usability, testing


Indonesia is a country with a dense population and among them are young people who have the potential to open new jobs. Many university graduates cannot be absorbed by the industry and they have to develop new businesses. The Central Statistics Agency (BPS) reported that the number of unemployed for the August 2020 period increased by 2.67 million people. The number of startups is growing and growing in Indonesia, but the main problems for startups are in the capital, human resources, customers, laws and regulations, and market segments. This research aims to develop the "Sinema Startup" application which aims to create and develop new startups in the right ecosystem. The research methodology uses a combination of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) and Lean Startup methods with an Object Oriented approach. Respondents are potential startup creators, mentors, developers, testers, incubators, and investors. 1. Based on the results of User Acceptance Testing for the “Sinema Startup” Application, it was found that 93% of creators had no difficulty using the application and the remaining 7% had little difficulty. For mentors, 97% had no difficulty using the application and the remaining 3% had little difficulty. The limitations of this study are that not all stages of seeding, incubation, stocking, and publication can be carried out and the results monitored. The uniqueness of this research involves many users for testing, namely prospective startup creators, mentors, developers, testers, incubators, investors, students, and students. Testing this application requires a testing process that goes along with the growth of the Sinema Startup application.

GS Cited Analysis


Download data is not yet available.


Ardyanti, A. A. A. P., Wibawa, I. P. P. S., & Putra, I. G. J. E. (2019). Evaluation and efficient measurement I-Canang digital startup in Bali with questionnaire user experience and lean startup machine validation board. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1402, Issue 2, p. 22070). IOP Publishing.

Baloutsos, S., Karagiannaki, A., & Mourtos, I. (2020). Business Model Generation for Industry 4.0: A “Lean Startup” Approach. In The International Technology Management Review (Vol. 9, Issue 1, p. 34). Springer Science and Business Media LLC.

Bätz, K., & Siegfried, P. (2022). Reflecting on the Efficiency of Design Thinking and Lean Startup. In Journal of Intercultural Management (Vol. 14, Issue 1, pp. 4–53). Walter de Gruyter GmbH.

Cantamessa, M., Gatteschi, V., Perboli, G., & Rosano, M. (2018). Startups' roads to failure. Sustainability (Switzerland), 10(7).

Casadesus-Masanell, R., & Ricart, J. E. (2010). From Strategy to Business Models and Tactics. Long Range Planning, 43(2), 195–215.

Cico, O. (2021). Exploring the intersection between the software industry and Software Engineering Education - A systematic mapping of Software Engineering Trends. Journal of Systems and Software, 172.

Euchner, J., & Blank, S. (2021). Lean Startup and Corporate Innovation. In Research-Technology Management (Vol. 64, Issue 5, pp. 11–17). Informa UK Limited.

Faria, V. F. de, Santos, V. P., & Zaidan, F. H. (2021). The Business Model Innovation and Lean Startup Process Supporting Startup Sustainability. In Procedia Computer Science (Vol. 181, pp. 93–101). Elsevier BV.

Giardino, C., Wang, X., & Abrahamsson, P. (2014). Why early-stage software startups fail: A behavioral framework. In Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (Vol. 182, pp. 27–41).

Göcke, L., & Weninger, R. (2021). Business model development and validation in digital entrepreneurship. In Digital Entrepreneurship.

Guindalini, C., Verreynne, M.-L., & Kastelle, T. (2021). Taking scientific inventions to market: Mapping the academic entrepreneurship ecosystem. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 173.

Hampel, C., Perkmann, M., & Phillips, N. (2020). Beyond the lean start-up: experimentation in corporate entrepreneurship and innovation. Innovation.

Jaya, M. A., Ferdiana, R., & Fauziyati, S. (2017). Analisis Faktor Keberhasilan Startup Digital di Yogyakarta. Jurnal Universitas Muria Kudus, 4(1), 167–173.

Kainde, Q. (2019). The digital business model for a digital startup in industrial era 4.0. International Journal of Advanced Trends in Computer Science and Engineering, 8(1), 177–181.

Kumar, R., Chawla, D., Sindhwani, R., & ... (2023). Lean in Business Models: Way to Go for Entrepreneurial Journey in Industry 4.0 Context. … of Entrepreneurship in ….

Lizarelli, F. L., Torres, A. F., Antony, J., Ribeiro, R., Salentijn, W., Fernandes, M. M., & Campos, A. T. (2021). Critical success factors and challenges for Lean Startup: a systematic literature review. In The TQM Journal. Emerald.

Mansoori, Y., & Lackeus, M. (2020). Comparing effectuation to discovery-driven planning, prescriptive entrepreneurship, business planning, lean startup, and design thinking. In Small Business Economics. Springer.

Nagy, S., Hussam, M., & Presser, M. (2018). Case study of IoT as a driver for business model innovation in the wind industry. In IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things, WF-IoT 2018 - Proceedings (Vol. 2018, pp. 74–79).

Olorunshola, O. E., & Ogwueleka, F. N. (2022). Review of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Models for Effective Application Delivery BT - Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies (ICTCS 2020) (A. Joshi, M. Mahmud, R. G. Ragel, & N. V Thakur (eds.); pp. 281–289). Springer Singapore.

Pauley, M. (2021). Business Startup and Entrepreneurship: Canada Workbook. University of Prince Edward Island.

Ries, E. (2011). Lean Startup. Tolobranca, September, 1–7.

Ripsas, S., Schaper, B., & Tröger, S. (2018). A startup cockpit for the proof-of-concept. Handbuch Entrepreneurship.

Robb, C. C., Rahn, D., & Buffar, K. (2020). Bridging the gap: A model for interdisciplinary collaboration between entrepreneurship and software engineering students. Journal of Education for Business, 95(5), 321–330.

Rogers, S. L. (2014). Lean Startup Methodology in Non-Degree Curriculum Design and Development: A Theoretical Overview and Case Study. Academic Forum. Conference. Proceedings.

Skala, A. (2019). The Startup as a Result of Innovative Entrepreneurship. Digital Startups in Transition Economies, 1–40.

Stayton, J. (2016). Startup time, innovation and organizational emergence: A study of USA-based international technology ventures. Journal of International Entrepreneurship, 14(3), 373–409.

Tohanean, D., & Weiss, P. (2019). Digital entrepreneurship and green business model innovation: Lean startup approaches. In Quality-Access to Success.

Townend, O. (2021). Managing to start: The application of lean startup and design thinking to academic commercialization projects. Victoria University of Wellington Library.

Trimi, S., & Berbegal-Mirabent, J. (2012). Business model innovation in entrepreneurship. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 8(4), 449–465.

Zott, C., Amit, R., & Massa, L. (2011). The Business Model: Recent Developments and Future Research. Journal of Management, 37(4), 1019–1042.


Crossmark Updates

How to Cite

Budilaksono, S., Febrianty, F., Nurzaman, F. ., Rosadi, A. ., Suwarno, M. A., Harkandi Kencana, W., & Suwartane, I. G. A. (2023). Development of the "SINEMA STARTUP" application for an ecosystem of startup idea creators using the SDLC and Lean Startup methods. Sinkron : Jurnal Dan Penelitian Teknik Informatika, 8(3), 1993-2002.

Most read articles by the same author(s)